Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build

2 posters

Go down

[Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build Empty [Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build

Post by Vaderlander Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 am

Introduction
Rangers are flexible and durable--proficient with the bow, yet surgical with the sword. They rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature to slay their targets. Their loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance. As an adventurer profession, rangers wear medium armor.

I play a ranger because of the above, despite the troubles rangers have with pets. They are still fun to play.

Weapons:

SHORTBOW:
Ranger
1 Crossfire Fire an arrow. Bleed your target if you hit them from behind or from the side. (main source of damage + bleeds)
2 Poison Volley Fire a spread of five poison arrows. ( does poison damage and decreases heal effectiveness)
3 Quick Shot Fire a quick shot in an evasive retreat. Gain swiftness if the shot hits. This can be used while retreating. (evades)
4 Crippling Shot Fire an arrow that cripples your target. Your pet's next three attacks inflict bleeding. (cripples and bleeds the target)
5 Concussion Shot Daze your foe with an arrow. Stun them if you hit from behind or from the side. (daze or stun when behind or side)

The shortbow will be your main source of damage in this build. The shortbow is a condition friendly weapon, it applies bleeds relatively easy with the auto attack. Your priority of skill usage here should be 1>2>4>5>3. depending on the situation ofcourse. But this should give you a sense of what skills you should be using.

AXE(mainhand):
1 Ricochet Bounce your axe between multiple foes. (not so great for condition, tough does great aoe damage)
2 Splitblade Throw a spread pattern of five whirling axes that bleeds foes. (bleeds, that does 900 damage)
3 Winter's Bite Throw an axe to chill your foe. Your pet's next attack inflicts weakness. ( chills your foe)
WARHORN:
4 Hunter's Call Call hawks to swarm your foe. (Does good direct damage, tough not so good for condition)
5 Call of the Wild Grant fury, might, and swiftness to yourself and nearby allies.

So in theory, the warhorn wouldnt make much sense to take wich this build. It simply has no benefit to my condition build. You could take a torch with you to do fire damage, wich you see a lot of condition hunters do. And you could do that too. However, i use the warhorn because it buffs my allies. A lot of players are zerker build these days and fury and might help them out. And it has a nice speed boost Very Happy

UTILITY
6 Healing spring This is a really nice skill that cures a condition once you use it, it also heals your allies wich is nice
7 Viper's nest A trap that poisons foe's
8 Spike trap Does bleeds and cripples your enemy, helps kiting and does damage
9 Fire trap Does fire damage wich is really nice Smile
0 Entangle Does massive amounts of bleed damage Smile

These traps do some really nice damage, however i find utility skills to be highly situational and you should switch when you have to. These utilities are used to damage your opponent Smile not to create survivability (exept from entangle and spikey trap)

Traits

[Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build JjVINIE

Marksmanship: 10
100 power +10% condition duration
Minor ones
1 Opening Strike Cause vulnerability with your first strike when entering combat. (wich is nice)
Major ones
1 Malicious Training Increases duration for conditions applied by your pets. ( this works really well with pets that do condition damage)

Skirmishing
+300 precision +30% crit chance
Minor ones
1 Tail Wind Gain swiftness when swapping weapons in combat.
2 Furious Grip Gain fury when swapping weapons in combat.
3 Grandmaster Hunter's Tactics Deal 10% more damage while flanking.
Major ones
1 Pet's Prowess Pet do 30% more damage on critical hits.
2 Trapper's Expertise Trap skills use ground targeting and are 50% larger.
3 Trap Potency Conditions caused by traps last twice as long and traps recharge 20% faster.

Wilderness Survival
+ 300 touchness +300 condition damage
Minor ones
1 Natural Vigor Increases endurance regeneration by 50%.
2 CompanionĀ“s Defense You and your pet gain 2 seconds of protection when you dodge roll.
3 Peak Strength Deal 5% extra damage when your health is above 90%.
Major ones
1 Expertise Training Pets deal extra condition damage.
2 Wilderness Knowledge Survival skills recharge 20% faster.
3 Bark Skin You and your pet take 30% less damage when under 25% health. (wich is nice in tough fights)

Stats
Obviously the type of gear you should focuss on is Condition, precision, touchness... This is the pure condition spec wich you then use.
However, i use hybrid gear, that focusses on Power, precision, condition. I still get nice hits with my auto attack while having decent condition damage

but in general go with the condition

Final word:
I hope this build is any use for you guys Smile i personally really like it! oh and.. screenie!
[Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build O9tXZiu
Vaderlander
Vaderlander
Admin
Admin

https://tramadolknights.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

[Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build Empty Re: [Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build

Post by azacar Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 am

looks like a decent and strong build here that will be very helpful. Never known what to do with rangers so will use this Smile

is it also good in pvp/dungeons? are there any pets that go with ths build more than others?
azacar
azacar

Back to top Go down

[Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build Empty Re: [Ranger] Vaderlanders condition build

Post by Vaderlander Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am

this build is specially made for dungeons, however trapper builds are also very common in PVP because of their snares,slows,damage etc.. so with minor ajustments it can perform really well in pvp:)
Vaderlander
Vaderlander
Admin
Admin

https://tramadolknights.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down